TrendNet manufactures DSL modems that provide the necessary hardware to transform the signal from your Internet service to a format compatible with your computers and other devices. Unlike earlier modems, this device features multiple networking ports and a wireless antenna to provide network connectivity for Wi-Fi devices. Set up your modem with your DSL service to begin browsing websites, sharing files and downloading music today.
- Connect the DSL filter to a phone jack associated with your Internet service.
- Plug the phone cord into the Data jack on the filter and connect the other end to the DSL port on the TrendNet modem.
- Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to a LAN port on the modem, and plug the other end into a networking port on your computer.
- Plug the power adapter into a power source. Insert the other end into the DC jack on the modem.
- Insert the software CD supplied with the modem into your computer’s disc drive and wait for the installer wizard to appear. Enter the username and password associated with your DSL service in the window and click “Next” to finish setting up your modem. The Power, LAN and DSL lights will illuminate on the front of the modem when the device is powered on.
Setup a Fax Through a Comcast Phone: Voice over IP (VoIP) telephone service can prove to be a cost-effective investment over traditional telephone services, which is why some businesses are configuring their phones to use VoIP. If your company uses Comcast’s XFINITY Voice service for your telephones, you may wish to configure your fax machines as well. Setting up a fax machine with XFINITY Voice isn’t much different than hooking up the machine with a traditional phone service, except that the phone line comes from the Voice modem router rather than a wall outlet.
- Check your XFINITY Internet/Voice modem and make sure that it’s connected to a wall outlet using its power adapter.
- Plug a phone cord into your XFINITY Internet/Voice modem. Connect the other end of the cord to the telephone port labeled “IN” or “LINE IN” on your fax machine.
- Connect your fax machine to a power outlet. After doing so, pick up the handset on your fax machine (if one is available). You should hear a dial tone, signaling that the setup process has been completed correctly. You can now send faxes using XFINITY Voice and your fax machine.